What Is the Cost of Sofa Upholstery Cleaning?
Your sofa is the centrepiece of your living space, however, when it comes to getting it cleaned, it tends to slip down the list of priorities. While you are prioritising other objects in your cleaning schedule, your trusty sofa is picking up more and more dust, stains, and germs. Once you have decided that now is the time to clean your sofa, you will notice the immediate difference it makes in freshening up your living space.
Professional sofa upholstery cleaning is the best solution for revitalising your old sofa. The cost of sofa upholstery cleaning is worked out from project to project. The overall cost is mostly dependent on the number of items you would like to be cleaned, the size of the items, and if the items need special care or handling. At House Proud Finish we have two methods of cleaning your upholstery.
Low Moisture Cleaning
There are two different low moisture cleaning methods. One of these methods is dry cleaning. This is where we use a quick-drying solvent to clean the upholstery. We do this when we have a piece of upholstery that is made of certain fibres that are very delicate and can become damaged if exposed to too much moisture.
The second type of low moisture cleaning is Bonnet cleaning. This is similar to the deep cleaning method stated below. However, at the end, we use a cotton bonnet to agitate and then pick up the soiling. Using a low moisture cleaning method that does not involve rinsing of the fabric at all, makes the upholstery dry much quicker. This then makes it more suitable for lightly soiled domestic carpets, delicate fibres, and commercial carpets.
This process includes 5 main steps.
- Firstly, we pre-vacuum the upholstery to remove as much insoluble soil as possible.
- Then we use fibre matched pre-spray, which is a cleaning solution. This then starts to break down the soiling.
- We then agitate the fabric to suspend the soil in the solution.
- Finally, we then rinse the upholstery and extract the suspended soiling.
- After these processes have been completed, we force dry the upholstery so that it is 95% dry before we leave.
Things You Can Do To Maintain Your Sofa Upholstery
There are a few things that you can do at home to ensure the longevity of your sofa upholstery.
- We recommend that you wash any new jeans a few times before sitting on your upholstery, as the unstable dyes can transfer to your upholstery.
- Vacuuming your upholstery at least once a week will also limit the amount of dirt that is embedding itself in the fabric.
- We also recommend that you avoid direct sunlight on your upholstery, as the UV rays can cause damage.
This all will help you to have clean sofa upholstery.
House Proud Finish
If you would like to find out more information on our upholstery cleaning services, then please give a member of our friendly team a call on 0800 644 6545 and we can discuss your specific requirements to find the right cleaning service for you.